My wet dream, sans the marshmallow which isn't vegetarian.I feel really bad because I haven't made anything in two months. I've been a bit lethargic but I've been getting the house in order again which makes it easier for me to want to work. Oops! I forgot, I knitted a scarf/shawl so I should put that up soon. Wow. I'm not as useless as I thought. I really need deadlines. I can't get much done without them. In the mean time, I must stop accumulating dress patterns until I make something new! I have two deadlines in the works. An as yet undetermined project for my friend Tami's baby due late November and also Ag's birthday gift of an illusion knitting scarf (if you are Ag, please don't click on that) which is also due at the end of November. Why do my deadlines always come at the same time? Ugh! Anyway, they should both be started no later than November 10th. I'm so pathetic! I also want to finish my gloves, my fall scarf, and start my smitten kitten purse, so I better get hoppin'!
In the mean time, Vegan Pal 2 can keep me busy! What am I saying? I totally just overwhelmed myself!
1. What is/are your craft(s), & how long have you been doing it/them?
Knitting and sewing. I've known how to knit for about 20 years, but I've only become good at it in the last few and taken it seriously in the last 18 months. I work at a fabric designer so I learned how to sew since I get lots of great fabric for nada. I've been sewing for almost two years and started with purses and have since moved into dresses which you can see on my blog.
2. Are you a vegan, vegetarian, veg-curious, veg-friendly or other?
Vegetarian with a vegan husband.
3. Is this your first swap, or have you done previous swaps before? What makes a swap enjoyable for you?
This is my second swap. I did the Vegan Pal last year. I love it because I love surprises and getting packages in the mail. Geez, I sound 12 years old.
4. What is/are your favorite color(s)? Do you particularly dislike any color(s)?
Red, purple (deep, not lilac), burnt orange and fall colours. I really dislike pastel colours and don't care too much for pink.
5. Do you have any allergies (such as pets, foods, fibers or cigarette smoke)?
None that will affect this swap. Oh, but I hate cigarette smoke!
6. Do you have any companion animals? If so, name(s) and type(s)?*
A beagle named Ralph, kittens named Birdsworth, Penfold and Meeshka and a Mediterranean Miniature Donkey. None of these animals have been born yet, but one day they will be.
7. Do you collect anything?
Tikis, knock off Dr Pepper cans (eg, Dr Perky, Dr Thunder, Dr Wow etc), vintage dresses, especially 60s mod at the moment.
8. Do you have a favorite vegan food, snack or dish? If no fav that's vegan (for those who aren't vegan), what's your favorite food? (Hopefully your pal can find a vegan version!)
Chocolate! Dark chocolate, but not super bitter. For meals, I love Italian, Thai, Japanese, Indian, Ethiopian. I love pretty much every cuisine there is if there's lots of veggie options. I don't care for Chinese much just because it's kinda bland next to all those others! I guess the Chinese WAS tasty when I had that freakishly coloured pork in the fried rice.
9. What are some of your favorite/least favorite tastes/flavors? (e.g. sweet, salty, chocolate, crunchy, smooth, tart, sour, spicy, thai, whatever - Help your pal get a feel for what kind of recipes you might like and/or never ever make.)
I don't really like fruity desserts or licorice. I'm more into chocolate. I mean, I'm obsessed with chocolate. I also don't like pickled anything, but I don't expect to get anything like that in this swap.
10. What tools/supplies/accessories for your craft(s) are you wishing you had but don't? Also, what do you have TOO many of? (basically a wish and anti-wish list)
Gosh, I have a bunch of stuff and with only one project in mind, I can't think of what else I might need! Here's what I have:
2 x size 3 16" circulars
Size 5 29" circulars
Size 6 16" circulars
Size 6 DPNs
Size 7 16" circulars
Size 7 DPNs
Size 8 felxible straights (and another set with lighted tips!)
Size 8 16" circulars
Size 8 DPNs
Size 9 29" circulars
Size 10 29" circulars
Size 10 straights
Size 15 straights
...and various things like tape measures, point protectors, needle gauge, stitch markers, yarn cutter, row counter, crochet hook. Again, that's all the stuff I DO have. If you think there's something else I need, send it along! I can't think of anything I need sewing wise, oh wait, maybe some pinking shears! Oh gosh, I just remembered that I am currently carrying around my small tools like DPNs, counters, stitch markers and tape measure in a ziplock bag since I outgrew the pencil case I was using. Very sad!
11. Are you on Ravelry? What's your handle?
What's that now? It that some weird new thing on the internets? I'll stick to my CB radio, thanks.
12. Is there anything else you would like your pal to know about you?
I think I've said enough. My MySpace says a lot too. myspace.com/tikidoll
13. What scents do you like/dislike?
I love jasmine and rose. I dislike patchouli and incense.
14. Do you prefer fall or Halloween or some other Autumn theme?
Either, but maybe I'll lean more towards Halloween due to my deprived childhood (see next answer.)
15. Just for fun - tell your favorite Halloween or Autumn related memory.
I'm from Australia, so we don't do Halloween there, so I don't really have any of those. I saw Halloween on TV though and wanted it so bad. I've never much cared for autumn as a season because I'm such a summer girl, but I've been getting into Fall fashions the last couple of years. I do love the colours. What a lame answer!