Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thank you Carla G, my Vegan Pal!

Well, I'm back from my trip and felt bad that my poor Vegan Pal must think I was an ungrateful wench for not thanking her for my package! Luckily I was thoughtful enough to post a blog explaining my whereabouts and thankfully, she looked there!

So I got my Vegan Pal package and it was super! Included was a knitting magazine with some very cool stuff inside, a couple of bookmarks (which is great because I've been using a receipt in the current book I'm reading), some incense which made for a delightfully scented package and some chocolate for the vegan food component! Mmmm. I never said, but my favourite chocolates are usually choc mint and choc orange and Carla guessed it because they were included! Here they are in the picture, before the choc mint met it's untimely end (in my belly.)

And then for the handmade piece! Carla made me TIKI knitting needles! I was beside myself! I didn't make a mention of my love of tikis, but she picked up on it from my profile and made me wonderful tiki head knitting needles! I just adore them and even my husband is admiring them. I thought they were a size 6 or 7, and thankfully I bought a needle gauge for myself while I was out getting stuff for my Vegan Pal. I was glad to be able to use it! They are a size 6. :D They came in an adorable pouch with beads and another small tiki hanging from it.



To see what I gave my Vegan Pal, also named Carla, click on Pink Vegan's blog entry about what she got from me.

3 comments:

Carla said...

Handmade knitting needles!!?? That's so great!

I must meet the other vegan knitting Carla in Toronto!

Carla A.

Blueberry Junkie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Blueberry Junkie said...

Simone, I am really glad you liked your package. I had a lot of fun putting it together for you.
I think it's really funny that you got to send and receive a package from a "knitting Carla" in Toronto.
Cheers!!